Will test optional become the ‘new normal’?

From Inside Higher Ed: “Janet Godwin, CEO of ACT, said that while she prefers that colleges require tests, ‘I’m not surprised by the test-optional movement. It’s the new normal. It’s here to stay.’ She said whether to submit test scores ‘is a personal choice.’ Godwin added that students and their families know ‘how they should best present themselves.’ At the same time, she called for colleges to have ‘more nuanced discussions’ about test-optional policies. For instance, ACT has studied the relationship between grades and ACT scores. … ACT has found a correlation between grades and ACT scores for 75 percent of students, but not for the remaining 25 percent of students. Some of the 25 percent do better in college and some worse, based on their ACT scores.”

View the full article from Inside Higher Ed.

Weekly Education Email Newsletter

Our weekly email delivers all the latest news from the world of higher education direct to your inbox.